-----Original Message----- From: Harold
Subject: Re: CS>Re: V2011 #377,re Iodine applied on skin

Further to my last posting re Iodine painted on;I did test it by painting a
much larger patch on my stomach,approx 2" in diameter.This was left on
overnight and in the AM very little had been absorbed,so  I left it on not
letting it get wet and it was a fair number of days before it was gone.So.I
waited a long time before I repeated my usual procedure.
Another case I remember clearly was when I was about 11 or 12 years old
[the, 1930s]. An elderly lady friend of my mother was visiting and was
telling her about a new-born ,a few months old who was in much
distress,continually crying .The young mother was in much distress too.This
elderly lady painted the bottoms of the childs' feet with this same
Churchills' iodine and in a short while the baby was calm.This impressed me
very much.This woman was well versed in herbs and natures cures.
There was a lot of interest in Iodine in those years as I posted
earlier,Goiter was an epidemic in some areas and prevalent in others.
My grandfather was a musician and his hobby was making violins,and he used
Iodine to stain them;diamond dyes I think was what they were called.
Harold

Paul wrote:
......... if I put some Iodine on a flat surface like a desk it stains it immediately, then I remove the source and it does something not unlike 'evaporates', so I'm not sure this method of testing means anything...........
I have read many times that skin painting "tests" for iodine
sufficiency/deficiency ARE meaningless. Not all medical doctors, or
medical researchers agree with the iodine proponents.
sol

Paul B