Dear Katarina.
                                CS works quite well as a topical.  Generally,
a more rapid response is achieved when a preparatory protocol of 3% H2O2 (hyd.
peroxide) is applied, allowed 60 seconds of reaction time and then blotted
away with sterile gauze.  This procedure negates the effectivity of a majority
of any anerobic bacteria on the surfaces of the insulted area.  Colloidal
silver, even in weaker concentrations (5 to 10 ppm) will leave a thin, but
effective surface deposition that is quite effective against a very wide
variety of noxious pathogens.  The gel-based CS compounds demonstrated a
longer, more effective, positive response on all surface cuts, abrasions and
penetrating wounds, than did any of the low surface-tension (low viscosity)
solutions used.
                    We found no advantage, whatsoever, in using gel-based CS
protocols for internal use----although we did experiment with them in some
cases of experimental volunteers presenting with severe sore-throat
conditions.  It appears counterproductive to consider reducing the absorption
co-efficient of  internally-administered CS by any method which increases
surface tension or yields undesireable viscosity changes.
                            As a point of information:  after we discovered
the very valuable effects of MSM as a transport medium, we utilized it in all
of our topical preparations in all of our animal research projects.  I have
commented in earlier posts on the methodology of making the proper MSM base
solutions (supersaturated).
                Please be reminded, we do not practice medicine or render any
type of medical advice----we are an experimental  research organization,
sharing portions of our
investigational results....only..
                                Sincerely.  Brooks Bradley.