After a long illness, our beloved Starshar, Sharon Morrissey of West
Chester, Pennsylvania, has passed. Her sister told me that she passed
peacefully on Tuesday.

For several years now she has passed on a great deal of her saved medical
knowledge to me and it has often been of great benefit.

She had wrestled increasingly with pain for a long time and everything she
tried seemed to cause a reaction that her wracked body could no longer
tolerate. A few months ago she got the news that she had some kind of
pervasive cancer. She chose only palliative care. I will only say that there
were other reasons that she decided not to fight. She had fought all she
could. Besides, she had an insatiable curiosity about all matters spiritual
and "the other side"; not morbidly so, but ready to see for herself.

While I will rage against the dying of the light, it's not that way for
everyone and I accept that. From the first of her revelation to myself and a
few others of her condition and wishes for a peaceful end to her journey, I
decided to be supportive of her no matter what.

I will miss her, no matter that I never physically met her or even spoke
directly with her. Sometimes printed words are enough and hers certainly
were.

DaddyBob

Archives: