I just learned (at a cotton plantation) that Crisco is made from cotton-seed oil) It's name is from 'Crystallized Cotton Oil. L
On Mar 28, 2012, at 9:33 PM, PTFerrance wrote:

Yes, Crisco is oil that has been hydrogenated and turned into a soft solid.
PT

From: zzekel...@aol.com [mailto:zzekel...@aol.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 28, 2012 8:56 PM
To: silver-list@eskimo.com
Subject: Re: CS> hydrogenation

In a message dated 3/28/2012 5:51:48 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, ptf2...@bellsouth.net writes: It is my understanding that hydrogenation takes liquids and makes them into
solids.
PT

I think its probably the opposite i.e. the more liquid the more likely to be
hydrogenated.  dee

Ok you folks got me :-) {{ almost a dead cat with the curiosity )) I had to go & look it up...found the best answer here--Hydrogenated fats. Hydrogenated fats, trans fats and cholesterol things I never knew...{{ The satisfaction brought me back.}} Never too old to learn for sure,, .. Lois
No virus found in this message.