My husband dabbles in old coins so today we stopped in a place he likes to
browse in and I saw several 1oz silver bars.   The sales person showed me
where they were stamped 999+ on them.  Is this the same as the wires we use
and if I bought these,
would they make a higher ppm than the wires I now use?

If the answer is yes, will attaching with the aligator clips be sufficient??

Edith