Yes I did gauze soaked in CS over an infected eye and it resolved v quickly.
  From: Edy Rayfield

        I, too had a similar experience.  A friend of mine had a staph
infection on his leg the size of a grapefruit, for over a year that had been
gone after with multiple antibiotics.  It was growing and oozing, so I had him
put a gauze bandage on it and keep it soaked in CS for 2 weeks.  He came over
to show me that it was GONE.  He then got a serious eye infection, both eyes,
some bacteria in the eyelashes!  What?  Anyway I had him spray CS all day long
and also make eye cups for at night and within a couple of days....gone.