Hi PT,
That's a great suggestion! Would you use granules or liquid? We incorporate lecithin granules in our daily smoothies. Thanks,
Be well,
Léna
On May 21, 2012, at 4:46 PM, PTFerrance wrote:

Hi Lena,
I’m not Marshall and to be sure do not have his chemical background but if I were trying to do what you are trying to do I would try a bit of lecithin to emulsify the mixture. I’ve had good luck with this in the past. Don’t know what the shelf life would be, however.
PT

From: Guyot Léna [mailto:drumr...@stny.rr.com]
Sent: Monday, May 21, 2012 4:32 PM
To: silver-list@eskimo.com
Subject: Re: CS>Quick help needed please!

Hi Marshall,
I'm trying to understand the dynamic of this, as I've had trouble mixing some substances in the past. I've made a CS gel from a gel kit offered by the Silver Puppy folks. Does the b.s. alkalinity act as an emulsifier?

Presently, my challenge is this: I like to make a creme of shea butter and DMSO, which works really well on areas of pain where straight DMSO would too easily dry the skin. I stir them together to create ever- smaller pockets of DMSO within the softened shea butter, but it's still pretty inconsistent, as oil and 'water' don't mix. Do you have any suggestions for making this creme more consistent without limiting the effectiveness of either ingredient? Thanks!

Be well,
Léna