I carried out some experiments yesterday, and got puzzling results. I used 70% propanol, water, lye and sucrose. I ended up with two liquids, that were not miscible. The one on top was flammable like an ether. There was no precipitant at all. I am still trying to figure out what was made, will do more today if I get a chance.

Marshall