From: Ruth Bertella [mailto:berte...@lfdcbham.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 18, 2012 5:47 PM
To: Ode Coyote
Subject: Silver Puppies, Other "Supplies"

Hiya Ode!

It's been a while since I've been on any of my lists.  Below is a cut and
paste of a message I put on the Crock list last night:

"I guess I should apologize that I've been mostly absent and not posting.
Just so y'all know, my home was broken into on a Friday and set fire to on a
Sunday in January.  Since there were no leads, and as a matter of policy on
intentionally set fires, State Farm had to investigate me with a long drawn
out, step by step process to clear me to their satisfaction and pay the
claim.  They finally agreed to pay the claim in May, and I "hope" to be back
in it by mid-October (not quite holding my breath as the date keeps
changing).  The interior was a total loss and the house had to be gutted.
They deemed the exterior walls and roof were sound enough to repair rather
than rebuild, which was backed up by an inspector before work began.  I'm
staying in an efficiency for convenience to work and home, so haven't had
room to start re-acquiring my health stuff (and boy do I need some of it!).
Once I'm back in, I'll be sending requests to those of you I've purchased
from in the past, and some from the CS list that aren't on here as well.  I
have tried to look over activity in here from time to time, so I'm not
totally out in left field right now.  As a matter of fact, there is some Gel
one of you has made that I'd like to purchase as soon as I'm back in my
house (was it you, Earth Mama Deb?).  You can send me the info if it's not
too inconvenient, but if it is, I'll 'try' to remember in a few weeks.  I'm
practically brain dead with all that's going on.   but at least no one was
home, and that's the most important thing.  But I'm gonna need new Silver
Puppies, coils, V's unit and maybe one of his LED's, and the list goes on
and on and on!  My poor little pea brain hurts!  I meant to post something
sooner, but just haven't been able to on any of my lists yet.  My battle is
wayyyy smaller than some of yours are so I've just been staying in the
background.  Hope things are back to normal (if there is such a thing)
soon!"

So, I'm going to be needing several things from you around mid-October or so
(actual date depends on my contractor).  I just thought I'd give you a heads
up that I'd need all this fairly soon.  I had two of your Silver Puppies
with round generators w/auto switches that sat on the little round thermal
stirrer base, so I'll definitely want two more of those plus an extra set of
the looped electrodes for EACH of the units (would you suggest the magnetic
stirrer instead of the thermal? - maybe get one of each?  I think I've gotta
get at least one magnetic stirrer as I think the magnetic hematite beads
sound like they'd be pretty cool!  ;) ), three of the gel kits, a water
meter, two of the laser cut jar adapters, and I also think I'd like to get a
Pocket Puppy Kit.  Didn't you use to sell/have a CS book as well?  I didn't
see that on the order page.  It kinda looks like I'll be ordering one of
everything except the jar lids from you!

I may decide to give you the go ahead when I'm close to getting back in my
house, that way I'll have it on hand so I can finally make CS again!  Both
of my old units still work, but they smell of smoke really bad.  I made one
pint batch and it kinda had a smoky flavor, but I used it anyhow and it
hasn't killed me (yet).  My contractor said heavy smoke will sometimes cause
motors to seize up eventually, so that's another reason I want to get
everything brand new (besides the smoke smell).  I wonder if once I'm back
home and can set things out on my deck in the sun if they'll air out?  I
will definitely try that.  One of the thermal stirrer base got so hot that
the top is "glued" down to it and I couldn't get to the bulb, so unless you
know of a way I might get that unstuck I guess that base won't be useful
once the bulb blows.

I didn't spend a tremendous amount of time on your site, but I "think" I
covered most of your items.  Another reason I'm going ahead and replacing
everything is that the insurance company will reimburse me as long as I give
them a receipt.  I couldn't remember if you sent a receipt or not when I've
ordered in the past, but if not, I'll definitely need one on this order if
it's not too much trouble.  The only thing I didn't have of yours is the
Pocket Puppy Kit, but I am justifying letting insurance pay for it since I'm
only getting two extra sets of electrodes (oh, I'd like an extra set for the
Pocket Puppy too!), and I had a total of six extra electrodes.  In my mind,
that pretty much should balance it out.  Oh yeah...   didn't you have a
laser pointer too?  I was thinking I had ordered mine from you.  I've been
away so long, I'm confusing myself, but are there two different meters?  I
think I know I got one of those from you too.  One to measure the water
conductivity and one to measure ppm?  Don't laugh...  my poor brain is
almost fried after all this!  ;)

If you have other suggestions, please feel free to make them.  I also saw a
note about looking for something in the customer comments, but don't have
time to look for that, so I wasn't sure if that was something additional you
had available.  I sure hope all my rambling makes sense!  If not, let me
know.

Thanks in advance!
Ruth B.

Archives: