Gary
  The thing that did the most for me after my feet became numb and painful
burning was niacin.
It increases the blood flow and the normal feeling returned.
  Be careful though--start very small and work up. I now take 2 grams a day
but at first 500mg almost did me in. Even 100 might be to big a start.
Dave