Hi,
This question has come up before, sometimes as a concern that the
demineralized water was going to leach the minerals from one's body.
That's simply not so.  While it is true that ultra-pure water is noted
as being an excellent solvent, you could make up for the supposed
leaching by eating one sprig of broccoli, perhaps every week or so - it
would make up for Way more than could potentially be removed by any
solvent action of the water.

Usually a mineral deficiency is due to the foods we eat being grown on
soil that is low in that mineral, for instance look up Iodine and Goiter
on Google.  Another factor of growing (eww! Bad Pun!) concern is the use
of genetically modified plants, which often gain their economic
advantage by being short of certain minerals in enzymes that pests
utilize to their own advantage, and to the plant's disadvantage; of
course this modification also cripples the plant's own abilities to
accomplish whatever it had developed that enzyme or messenger molecule
to do.

Hopes this helps, not to worry.
Malcolm

On Mon, 2012-12-03 at 15:53 -0600, Kathy Tankersley wrote:
> I've been using reverse osmosis water for years and just found out
> that all the minerals are taken out of it.  I need some infput as to
> how to re-mineralize it......thanks.......Kathy

Archives: