Hi Lois go to google and search "What are TENS devices" The best answer will
come from Wikipedia.
T.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: zzekel...@aol.com
  To: silver-list@eskimo.com
  Sent: Thursday, January 24, 2013 11:58 PM
  Subject: Re: CS> abscessed tooth with a double A battery Reply & thanks to
Tony too

  In a message dated 1/24/2013 1:49:33 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
a...@aptech.co.za writes:
    I would NOT use a TENS device on my head, nor directly along my spine. On
the other hand
    I am quite happy using low voltage (3 to 12v) on my self, as long as it is
current controlled, or
    very low voltage (1.5v) if uncontrolled.

  Hi Tony, I'm not sure what a " TENS " device is. I have never read up on one
but now the curiosity bump is itching I will have to.   I only used the little
double a battery with the wire I soldered on each end. I used it as near to the
abscess as I could get it inside & outside of my cheek...I never felt any
current passing through my jaw & have never felt anything from one when I have
touched both ends with wet fingers... A 9 volt is different I got sparked only
once on my tongue when I touched it to see if it was a live one. I learned "
NOT"  to do that again very quickly. :-). Lois