Use the conductivity setting and read the number 'as is' ..after it has stopped dropping over time.

** COM-100 Meters will be set to use As ISin CS before shipping.

All hand held PWT/TDS/PPM meters work the same way. They actually measure conductivity not PPM. They are simply not the same thing.

TDS (PPM) meters such as the TDS3 also measure conductivity but then convert that measurement to an estimated PPM using water industry standard tables for dissolved salts. [NaCl in this case] (also known as Total Dissolved Solids or TDS)

Since Ionic/Colloidal Silver is not a mineral salt, it behaves differently and requires a different technique for reading the TDS meter.

The reading can generally be taken as iswhen checking pure distilled water or when checking any other water source such as tap or well water. (ie 200 on the meter = 200 PPM)

However, when checking Colloidal Silver made with pure distilled water the reading should be doubled. [If it reads 10, its actually 20 PPM of colloidal silver]

Due to range and resolution limitations, when measuring colloidal silver with this meter you should also allow for an error factor of at least +/- 10% . So for example 10 on the TDS meter could be as high as 22 PPM or as low as 18 PPM of colloidal (when doubled).

Meters such as the Hanna PWT, the HM Digital EC3 and COM-100 read out directly in Microsiemens of Conductivity [uS].

The COM100 also reads out in 3 different scenarios for PPM depending on the suspected dominant mineral salt content.

Colloidal Silver water is NOT salt water.

All correlations were made with Spectrophotometer testing.

To get a good idea of what the PPM is in CS, measure the conductivity in uS the day AFTERthe batch is done and use 1uS = 1 PPM.

This is not accurate beyond around 25 PPM in silver water and a batch may never register more than 30 uS the day after its done even though it may really be 50+ PPM

This method has been checked against samples tested by an Atomic Absorption Spectrophotometer at a range average of 12 PPM at 85% readable ionic.