Well a lot of people on rain harvesting Yahoo group collect and filtered
rain water. Their tests showed it to be free of contaminants. Also rain
water has a quality that is very very different from tap water, regardless
of how much the tap water is filtered.

I recommend you go over to the rain harvesting group and pose your question
as the people over are much smarter than I.

Olushola