I can't comment on the menstrual thing.

You could try some doses of sodium bicarb if she doesn't have sodium
issues.  This is not recommended to be used for a long time, but it could
indicate to her if it helps some of the symptoms.

One could also use Epsom Salts (magnesium sulfate) in small doses, not
large enough to give the runs,  maybe 1/4 teaspoon or less at a time, or a
teaspoon dissolved in water sipped over a number of hours so that any
individual dose is quite small. This would increase her magnesium and the
sulfate is also useful.

I like the magnesium bicarb that is made with CO2 charged water and Milk of
Magnesia, but you have to understand the process to make it.  Not hard, but
initially confusing.

Dan