Cyndi,

I reuse plastic PET bottles. Or PETE. These are plastic bottles that have a
number one inside a triangle (somewhere on the bottle). I usually tell
family and friends to bring me their empty plastic bottles, and sometimes
they will be PET. For example, orange or apple juice is usually stored in
PET bottles.

Almost everything in Japan uses PET, so it is easy for me there. But I
notice that PET is a bit more difficult to find in NY.

I use clear bottles and have no problems with my CS produced by the
Silverpuppy.

I do not recommend using any other type of plastic bottles, but I am not an
expert. From my research I found that PET is the closest to glass, as far
as electrostatic and chemical concerns go.

Victor