On 08/12/2014 10:59 PM, Rusty wrote:
No…I was looking on the internet and it says you can
build one using 3 batteries and it costs little…but I
would probably have to get someone to do that if I went
that way.

You are picturing this as something a lot more complicated than it actually is. 9 volt batteries have a pair of terminals that are different from each other. One is an outie and one is an innie.

You simply plug the innie of one battery into the innie of the next one, and then do that again, with the third battery, as if you are stacking Lego blocks. The connected triplet should lay flat on the table, with an outie terminal at one side of the connected triplet, and an innie terminal at the other end.

Then you need a pair of alligator clip leads. (short pieces of wire, with an alligator clip on each end). I can show you where to get these on ebay.

You need two short pieces of silver wire, bent into a hook, on one end, so you can hang them over the edge of a glass or jar full of distilled water. These are the electrodes that contribute silver to the water when current passes between them.

You connect the outie terminal or the battery triplet to a one of the short pieces of silver wire with one clip lead, where it is outside the glass. Connect the second short piece of silver wire to the innie terminal with the second clip lead (again, at the dry end of the wire).

And you have made an electrolytic cell that will generate silver water in short order.

Just be careful to not let the two clip leads or silver wires touch, or it will drain the batteries very quickly. When you want to turn it off, remove one of the clip leads from the battery.

Here is a video illustrating this system.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDBfNfrdAdA

--
Regards,

John Popelish