On 09/20/2014 11:00 PM, yousouf eydatoula wrote:
I have been using two one-once maple leaf coins as anode
and cathode ( I alternate the poles) for 3 years now.
They do tarnish just like regular silver wires.

Sorry to have taken so long to respond. Found this is gmail's spam filter.

Thanks for the info. I polished my coin with some scratch
remover polish for headlamps and, now, it seems to be
etching evenly as expected. It must have been coated with a
very thin layer some clear lacquer, to keep it from tarnishing. It was perfectly shiny, when I got it

I don't know if the mint does this, or the ebay seller did it.

--
Regards,

John Popelish