Jasmine Mykal wrote:

I've had floaters for years. Mine are like rainbow tunnels and mostly on the left. Eating fruit resolves them faster so I assume mine stem from low blood sugar as RaVen mentioned. I hope they don't become unbearable, I haven't found a permanent 'fix' outside of surgery.

I got numerous and annoying floaters in both eyes after having vitreous detachments in both eyes some years ago. My eye surgeon told me (and I confirmed with online searching) that the surgery for floaters is quite risky. I have ruled out that as a possibility for me. I was also told that over time the brain learns to "edit out" the floaters, and have found that to be mainly true. At first they drove me nearly insane, but after the passage of time they are only bothersome when my eyes are very tired, or very dry, or sometimes under certain light conditions. Most of the time I simply do not notice them anymore unless I concentrate on them. (I also had cataract surgery a few years ago but that was after the vitreous detachments/floaters, for a while I noticed the floaters more again, but that also stopped with a little time).
sol

---