Hi David:

For the most part, my main interest in EIS production is limiting all possible variables.

There are a number of strange things that could be going on. The reaction in-water could be causing some compound to coat the anode, for example (Ole Bob used to prevent sparklies by covering the anode with cotton or a paper towel in some of his experiments).

If you able to isolate what mineral/chemical in the water was responsible for whatever is causing the "Case of the Missing Ions", then we could get somewhere with understanding what's going on.

Some water in Australia, for example, contains Magnesium Bicarbonate.

Kind Regards,

Jason