A major problem with this forum is that threads get so broken up that they are soon misunderstood and become almost incoherent. (Probably only Jason has read and understood my posts about this subject right from the beginning). If every post was kept intact and read in sequence then things would go smoother. But of course that cant happen here.

Anyway I've cut and pasted a few things. (It only took an hour).

Phil said...
Faraday's Law does not work for making CS. Faraday's Law can measure how much silver was lost from the electrodes, but it can not tell you how much remains suspended in solution.

Me...
It does work for making CS as long as you understand it. Faradays law tells us exactly how much silver was dissolved into the water. I didnt say it could tell us how much STAYS dissolved. Basically my original question was this... 'If 200 ppm is dissolved into the water, but only 100 uS is measurable with a meter, where's the other 100 ppm gone if its not showing up in a TE or lying on the bottom of the jar.?' My musing (comments welcome because I am not an expert on lasers) was that it may be creating particles so small they do not show up in the frequency of a red laser. (Part of the answer may be in a study of saturation points and solubility levels. Why does silver have a saturation point in pure water of only about 24 ppm while salt has a solubility level of 360,000 ppm?).

Phil said...
Using Faraday's Law to measure PPM in CS is a waste of time and silver.

Me. ..
Well thats just silly. In fact its the ONLY way to accurately determine how much total silver is in the water. (Even the best lab instruments have shortcomings).

Malcomn said..
Re. your #1;  consider silver nitrate, a known poison. Nitrogen composes ~80%
of our air.  Ammonia, NH3, a gas, is present in small amounts just about
everywhere that e.g. ammonium fertilizers  are used, etc.

Me...
Silvernitrate in trace quantities is no problem. Even in strong doses it has
been used in medicine. Look up silvernitrate on Wikipedia. Anyway, my lack of
concern was with compounds likely to be formed in filtered domestic tap water.
(People have already been doing that for decades by the way, with no problems,
argyria aside).

Malcom said..
Using a nebulizer to inhale ~200ppm CS is likely to cause inflammation and
scarring of your bronchi and lungs.  I've inhaled 27 ppm CS made with good
'distilled' water.

Me...
'Likely' to cause inflammation' is a big call based on a survey of one. Maybe
thats your experience but its not mine. I've never had a problem inhaling CS.
But if you really want a good story about inhaling CS ask Jason.

Malcolm said...
Your attitude toward any experimentation, yours or others, is cavalier.

Me...
This is really where the chaotic structure of this forum gets annoying. I have not at any stage advocated the use of high ppm CS, ionic or otherwise. I simply made some observations about batches I had made, mentioned them on here, and invited comments. Gail asked for an example of where highly ionic CS might be useful and I suggested a possible use. The only 'experiments' I have suggested to members is to make some CS using tap water and a low current (1mA) generator and observe what happens.

Malcolm said..
Your rejection of suggested checks on your own work has been ad-hominem and unkind. You clearly can do better, you're intelligent.

Me..
Whats checks did I reject? What unkind, ad hominem, comments have I made? Please cut and past examples. Perhaps you are confusing me with someone else. About the worst I have said, as I recall, is to call some members 'inflexible' regarding the future format of this forum. Now you are painting me as some kind of argumentative troll. I invite you to provide examples or apologise.

David (in Australia)