Re: CS>Salts and silver compounds.
From:
John Popelish <jpopel...@gmail.com>
Date:
23/02/2015 1:01 PM

" .... citric acid and citrate ions do not fall into that class of things, I think.

The only risk would be producing silver ions in a citrate solution to a very high concentration of silver, which is possible, since the citrate ions electrically balance the silver ions, keeping them from forming neutral silver particles. "

John,

That is not what I have found. When I make experimental CS in citric acid (of varying strengths) I produce a very strong TE and no increase in the uS. (a uS decrease is more often the outcome.)

If I am not mistaken this indicates that the ions ARE forming particles/compounds. They are NOT remaining in solution as ions. We would see an increase in the uS (i.e. the conductivity) if that was the case.

But I could be wrong. I'm not a chemist.

David (In australia)