From: John Popelish <jpopel...@gmail.com>
Date: 15/03/2015  21:51  (GMT+00:00)
To: silver-list@eskimo.com
Subject: Re: CS>Polarity swapper circuit

On 03/15/2015 03:03 PM, M.G. Devour wrote:

> John Popelish wrote:
>
>> Is there some way to post photos and other data files
>> (schematics and simulation files) about this project,
>> directly, or must I find some place to put them on the
>> web and link to them?
>
> You'll need to do the latter. There's a rather strict
> message size limit on the list which precludes all but
> the tiniest of attachments.

Thank you.  I suspected as much, and also understand how it
protects the list users from malicious attachments.

The simulator file for LTspice is a text file, and is quite
compact, so maybe I'll get one of those working, in case
someone wants to play with the simulator.

>> I want to make this simple design available to anyone
>> who is interested in building a unit.
>
> Sounds nice.
>
> Would also be a good project to do using one of the
> smaller Arduino variants, and allow you to vary things at
> will. Hardware could be finalized when/if an optimal
> design emerged.

An Arduino could certainly handle all the timing
requirements, but has to have a rather accurate, low voltage
supply, while the electrolytic process might benefit from a
more flexible supply voltage.  The nice bit about the simple
circuit I made is that it is happy with a 5 to 15 volt (and
possibly 18 volt) supply.  But a flexible output driver
could easily be designed for an Arduino.

--
Regards,

John Popelish

Archives: