Exactly!  A stealth infection is the only thing that makes sense to me on what
is going on here and may offer some hope of a better treatment/cure program.
Personally, I would find it an interesting experiment to see if a CS and DMSO
paint around the thyroid region would help out symptoms any?  Though there may
be more efficient forms of combating a EBV infection such as electrical
stimulation, etc. ??

doug