Distilled water doesn't conduct electricity very well due to the lack of
ionic mineral content to transport the electrons via an electrochemical
exchange [like salt..or silver which isn't very soluble]
Current determines the rate of silver ion discharge, but if the water will
not carry that current, it doesn't matter how much current you have
available.
Higher voltage allows more current to flow through a more resistive medium
[ie less conductive ]...so making CS fast in distilled water needs
something in the order of 1000 volts.
"Ohms Law"
http://www.ohmslawcalculator.com/ohms-law-calculator

But making CS fast also has nuances to get a good product that's not high
in suspended silver oxides. [yellow-brown]

Ode