I endorse this statement and position.
James Osbourne Holmes
a...@trail.com

-----Original Message-----
From:   Sam Earle [SMTP:sear...@prodigy.net]
Sent:   Wednesday, November 03, 1999 7:02 PM
To:     silver-list@eskimo.com
Subject:        Re: CS> OT SLS

Can't cite the source, but I read some time ago that sodium laurel sulfate
is extremely small molecule that is easily absorbed through the skin and
which enters the brain and collects there, doing whatever powerful solvents
do in the brain. If it's associated with cancer, it wouldn't surprise me, as
solvents (notably isopropyl alcohols and benzine) are catalytic in the
parasite reproductive cycle anomaly that appears to cause most tumor-based
cancers. I've avoid SLS for a couple of years now, and I'd certainly advise
anyone else to do the same.

The suspect letter is almost certainly an urban legend. No attorney or
executive director of a medical organization is going to circulate such a
missive on the internet and keep his job for more than 48 hours. Someone in
that kind of position, if he had the gumption to launch such a campaign,
would have access to much more powerful means. Why would anyone listen to a
lawyer talk about medicine, especially one employed by a medical
organization that clearly isn't backing him? Tragically, the warning is
valid and the moron who cooked up this hoax has muddied the credibility of
anyone else who says so. Thus, I suspect the moron works for a shampoo
manufacturer or a specialty chemicals company that makes SLS.

And so it goes...

Sam