I think my reply got stuck somewhere; I've put the material through Notepad to strip any attachments, so here goes again:

Does anyone know if h pylori can be treated without the 20 antibiotics they want me to take?
Mastic gum certainly.
You could look into Propolis too.

Melatonin treats H. pylori and gastric ulcers and more
Jacob Schor, ND, FABNO
www.DenverNaturopathic.com
June 24, 2013
Visit our FaceBook page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Denver-Naturopathic-Clinic-Inc/481110415240735

BLACK SEED OIL!
Black Seeds Useful for Helicobacter pylori Infection

In 2010, Saudi Arabian researchers indicated that a large number of diseases are ascribed to Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori), particularly chronic active gastritis, peptic ulcer disease and gastric cancer. Successful treatment of H. pylori infection with antimicrobial agents can lead to regression of H. pylori-associated disorders. H. pylori resistance against antibiotics is increasing, and it is necessary to find new effective agents. Nigella sativa seed (black seeds), a commonly used herb, possesses anti-helicobacter activity.

The present study was undertaken to evaluate the efficacy of black seeds for the eradication of H. pylori infection in 88 human non-ulcer dyspeptic patients. Patients were randomly assigned to four groups. The groups received various combinations of clarithromycin and/or amoxicillin (antibiotics), omeprazole (anti gastric reflex drug), and black seed oil. Researchers found that black seeds possess clinically useful anti-H. pylori activity, comparable to the combined use of all three drugs that were tested. [16]

Below are some quotes from notes I took from a website about Hpylori; I don't seem to have the exact link noted but it is here somewhere: http://www.mygutsy.com/healing-update-5/ http://www.dramyyasko.com Plenty of info; the condensed document I made is 17 pages long. I'll forward you a copy.
Quotes:

· Herbs-There are so many to count but there is good list that are proven to kill it effectively. (I have lists below)

· Baking soda or acids- Which one do you choose? It is important to understand the “science” behind it all to know HOW to get rid of h. pylori. Read the section “a note on acids”

· Gums: (I did not want to include this in “herbs” so it got its own category. Mastic gum is the most common and very good at killing h. pylori.

Researchers in Australia made that startling discovery about the true cause of ulcers in the early 1980s, at about the same time that mastic was being rediscovered by the Arab scientists in the Middle East. The Arab and British researchers subsequently (in the late 1990s) found that mastic kills H. pylori. By then it was known that H. pylori typically infects the stomach and intestines, but it is also commonly found in the mouth (which is, after all, part of the gastrointestinal tract), because there’s no way to prevent the bacteria from migrating up and down the esophagus

Benefits:

·               effective at eradicating h. pylori

· helps prevent cavities -specifically Streptococcus mutans- known to create cavities. (the bacteria travels from stomach to the mouth)

· acts as prebiotics for your probiotic (natural source of food for your healthy bacteria- helps keep bad bacteria out)

·               soothes stomach ailments

·               eliminates stomach ulcers

·               “absorbs” bad cholesterol –helps reduce heart attack risk

·               anti-bacterial and anti-fungal

·               decreases symptoms of IBS

·               helps protect liver by decreasing certain liver enzymes.

·               anti-viral

warning:

· Usually considered safe unless you have a true allergy to the cashew family. It can be used by people on medications, but to be safe, check with your doctor first.

Probiotic:

I take custom probiotic 11 strain (affiliate link). Gut pro and prescript assist are also good. Both of these are free of fillers. There are many strains that are superior in killing h. pylori, but when I did my research I found that Custom probitoics was the best fit for me. Be careful because they are powerful and can cause detox/die off.

Here is an article going over the “best strains” for eradication h. pylori. They don’t “kill” the h. pylori but they prevent any further grown.

Studies have also highlighted probiotic supplementation to enhance natural killer cell activity, stimulate IgG antibody responses

·               L. acidophilus- reduce urease activity of h. pylori.

· L. johnsonii- secrete antimicrobial substances that stop the h.pylori from adhering to the gut lining.

· L. salivarius- secrete antimicrobial substances that stop the h.pylori from adhering to the gut lining. Reduce inflammation in gut

·               L. casei- inhibits h. pylori by lactic acid

·               L. lactis- inhibits h. pylori by lactic acid

· L. reuteri- inhibit h. pylori by competing with the adhesion sites.

· L. plantarum- increase secretion of mucin by colon (helps restore permeability of gut)

· L. rhamnosus- increase secretion of mucin by colon (helps restore permeability of gut)

·               L. brevis- helps decrease the h. pylori bacterial load

·               L. gasseri- helps decrease the h. pylori bacterial load

· L. bulgaricus-increase mucosal immune response and IgA cells in gut tissue

·               B. Bifidum- directly inhibit h. pylori

·               B. lactis- directly inhibit h. pylori

Other herbs known to help kill h pylori:

·               Ginger

·               licorice

·               barberry, oregon grape root, goldern seal

·               turmeric

· garlic & cruciferous veggies (be careful thought if you have a sulfur detox pathway problem (CBS)- my friend Melissa does)

·               Manuka Honey

·               Evodia

·               haritaki (herb in triphala blend)

·               thyme

·               oregano essential oil

·               vitamin C (herbs or food sources)

·               olive oil

·               cold pressed coconut oil

·               Matula herbal tea

· Rose hips + broccoli seeds/sprouts: (important to have them together) increases the effect by double Cranberries: (I have started to eat each day). This article explains that it “decreases adhesion of h. pylori to the stomach wall” and promotes good bacteria growth. Plus, they are yummy.

Cross reactants:

Mastic gum is related to cashews, mango, poisin ivy, sumac, smoke tree, marula (oil used in cosmetics, to treat leather, and preserve meat), capers, pistachio (im including it just to be safe), and the Anacardiaceae (cashew family).

Dosage:

I took the weight (grams) of the mastic gum I bought in powder (here). This are approximate values .

1/2 tsp = 0.8 gram

1/4 tsp = 0.4 gram

Taking 1 g of mastic gum is a good amount in opinion. I have no problem doing this and I don’t even notice I am taking it. Some people take from 500mg -1 g of mastic gum a day. I find it best to do this (1/4 tsp) 2x a day.

Cats claw:

what is it?

latin name: Uncaria tomentosa

plant family: Rubiaceae

Triphala: You can buy powder here or capsules here.

Cats Claw: You can buy powder here, bark here, and capsules here.

Mastic gum: You can buy in capsules here  or whole here.

.Triphala:

what is it?

latin names:

·               Amalaki (amla): Emblica officinalis

·               Bibhitaki (Bihara): Terminalia bellirica

·               Haritaki (Harada): Terminalia chebula

family:

· Amalaki (amla): Phyllanthaceae family (cross reactants: pulmonaria officinalis)

· Bibhitaki (Bihara):Combretaceae family (cross reactants: leadwood, trees in tropics and subtropics)

· Haritaki (Harada): (same) Combretaceae family (cross reactants: leadwood, trees in tropics and subtropics)

Triphala is actually a combination of 3 herbs. It is a very popular Ayurvedic herb that originated in India. The herbs are dried and ground into a powder.

There is much more information on her web page.

In the old book "The Forty Nine Steps", the American in the story fixed his with Bismuth. I think bismuth figured in the original 1980s research, don't quite remember how.
Recent: Ranitidine bismuth citrate (Pylorid)
An H2 receptor antagonist containing bismuth,
used as an adjunct to antibiotics (clarithromycin
and amoxycillin or metronidazole) for the
eradication of Helicobacter pylori.
Tripotassium dicitratobismuthate (Denol)
A bismuth-containing drug used to treat peptic ulceration.
PEPTIC ULCER: RISE AND FALL
ISBN 978 085484 084 7
All volumes are freely available online at www.history.qmul.ac.uk/research/modbiomed/wellcome_witnesses/ Please cite as : Christie D A, Tansey E M. (eds) (2002) Peptic Ulcer: Rise and Fall. Wellcome Witnesses to Twentieth Century Medicine, vol. 14. London: Wellcome Trust Centre
for the History of Medicine at UCL.