No. Lyme was let loose on the grounds of Plum Island by Ernest Traub, a ex-Nazi
doc who'd been imported to develop bio-weapons to decimate 'enemy' livestock.
He created a sort of pathogen 'Turducken', arachnid-style. Plum island's just
off the tip of Long Island, from which deer could easily swim to the mainland
of CT and migratory birds could carry the ticks on their way along the New
England coast.

Lyme (borrelia burgdorferi)  is not the same as the syphilis spirochete, or the
trichinosis spirochete, and there are many other sprirochete strains as well.
It was present in the ancient, mummified body of the 'IceMan', Utzi, the hunter
discovered in the Italian Alps, and Lyme was also identified in autopsies of
Civil War dead.

The disease we presently call Lyme disease, (never 'Lymes'; ignore people who
call it that, if they don't even know this basic thing)  was named after the CT
community of Old Lyme, where some observant mothers first compared notes about
some disturbing symptoms in their children that were baffling doctors. I was
bitten by a tick on Nantucket Island in 1961 (bull's eye rash on back of neck)
decades before this shape-shifting disease was recognized anywhere or any
medical remedies were even imagined. The doc dxing my case more than 40 years
later identified its many co-infections as the signature of the Plum Island,
weaponized Lyme variety.

Be well,
Léna