Do you think the glass is stopping the reaction of the sun on the
colloidal silver?
No
The reaction is photo-chemical and pure silver has no "chemical" component
in it...it is pure.

The myth that colloidal silver is light sensitive came from the old days
when people used salt or baking soda to make it...producing silver chloride
or silver carbonate, both of which are photo-chemically reactive silver
compounds
Does the sun affect a silver bullion coin?

Silver tarnish is the discoloration of sterling silver items which can take
on a yellow or black tint. Although the pure silver in sterling silver does
not react and tarnish at room temperature, the copper added can easily
react with the salt and sulfur in the air, making sterling silver rust.
When making or storing EIS [CS] the presence of copper can do some very
strange things.
Like, if you drop a shiny piece of copper wire into the batch, it will pull
eventually every bit of silver out of the water and drop it to the bottom
as fuzzy black balls that surround the wire piece that smear silver under
finger pressure...and the wire will still be shiny.

If you use 90% circulation coins like quarters [10% copper ] as electrodes
and polarity switching, big shiny silver crystals will form on them.

Ode