There are three factors that will determine the quality of the colloidal silver
that you make. The first is the water that you use. It must be distilled to a
high degree of purity. You will need some way to check that the water you are
using is pure enough. The distilled water that is sold in grocery stores in
1-gallon containers will generally be good enough. You will still need some way
to check it. That can be done with a conductivity meter or by some method
included in the design and function of whatever generator we use.

The second factor is the purity of the silver that we use. We want silver ions
and preferably no other metals. We want to make a solution containing silver
ions, as they are proven to be of great benefit. There are many other metals.
However, that can do us great harm. We must take every precaution we can to
avoid taking toxic metals into our bodies. That is why we use only 9999 silver
wire and insist on a certificate of analysis showing the impurities that are
present. In the case of the highest quality silver, the largest impurity will
be copper which is not bad in small amounts. That will be the case in silver
that comes directly from silver ore that is refined directly. If you buy silver
without an assay certificate, it could contain scraps from manufacturing
facilities that are alloying silver with any number of other metals. So it's
not just a matter of it being 9999, but what is the nature of the other .01%.
When you consider the fact that when we make colloidal silver, the result is a
liquid solution with silver in parts per million (PPM), it makes no sense to
try to economize on this. If we consider making colloidal silver at a strength
of 10 PPM, for example, 1 ounce of silver wire could make theoretically 100,000
ounces or 1500 gallons of colloidal silver.

The third factor is the amount of time that we allow the process. Hydrogen will
appear at the cathode (the negatively charged electrode, where electrons enter
the water), and oxygen will appear at the anode (the positively charged
electrode). Back in the days of the 3 9 V battery and coins, we would wait
until we saw a cloud of what we were told were pieces of silver forming in the
water and stopping the process soon after that. In reality, the cloud formed by
hydrogen and oxygen micro bubbles and meant that the process was in a runaway
mode. Disconnecting the batteries at that point would, if you were lucky, get
you perhaps a five PPM colloidal silver solution. It would not keep its
strength for very long as the larger particles would quickly collide with and
absorb the silver ions. A few of us promoted the use of current limiting to
prevent the runaway condition. Some of us noted that the higher resistance we
used, the better results we obtained in both higher PPM and stability. Many of
us, including yours truly, tried every conceivable method of stirring to allow
the use of a higher current to speed up the process. All of my efforts in this
direction failed. I could not get around the fact that for a given surface area
of silver anode only a certain amount of current was allowed. There is a region
surrounding the anode called the Nernst diffusion area. To put it simply, it is
a region that will only allow a certain density of ions to exist before they
agglomerate into larger particles. So for those of you with your setups for
making colloidal silver, try reducing the current and allowing more time and
let us know the results.
The above is the first post in the thread that I started on the following forum:
https://www.goldismoney2.com/threads/the-art-of-making-colloidal-silver-electrically-isolated-silver.61973/
This thread was started five years ago and has 378 replies and 38,000 views. No
commercial activity is allowed on this forum. All are welcome to participate.
No one is going to try to get you to buy anything from anyone in this thread.
Its sole purpose is to promote the safe and effective production of colloidal
silver by a person in their home.
Abeland1Sent from Mail for Windows 10