silver-list@eskimo.com

Sent from Mail for Windows 10
The use of colloidal silver as a topical antiseptic and general health aide has
gained a considerable degree of acceptance in the past few years. When someone
mentions the use of colloidal silver on a health forum, we no longer see the
immediate cacophony of blue man, silver is toxic, Rosemary Jacobs and so forth.
For those of us who have attempted to encourage the use of silver instead of
antibiotics should be inspired by this. Unfortunately, the Internet and sites
such as eBay and Amazon provide an opportunity for those who either don't know
or don't care about how to make colloidal or ionic silver properly. There is a
seller on eBay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Colloidal-....item3ab7b323c1

This guy is selling a "colloidal silver generator" for $9.97. eBay says he has
sold 740 of these units. The kit consists of one thin strip of silver. He
instructs people to use a stainless steel bowl and hook up the positive
terminal of the battery array to the silver strip and the negative of the
battery to the stainless steel bowl. There is nothing in his system to prevent
people from hooking up positive to the steel bowl and negative to the silver.
Even if everyone would read the instructions, which anyone in business will
tell you is not the usual case, a significant portion of the customers will, at
some point, do the opposite. Then they will start making colloidal "God knows
what." That will cause those who ingest what they have made real problems. I
have no doubt that among those 740 people who have bought this unit, there are
those who have done themselves actual harm. What is in stainless steel?
Basic Ingredients in Stainless Steel
Iron - Very strong, very corrosive. ...
Chromium - Highly non-corrosive. ...
Nickel - Soft, some corrosion resistance. ...
Manganese - Binds steel alloys together, reducing brittleness and cracking.
Copper - Soft, conducts heat and electricity. ...
Carbon - Strong, corrosive."
I reported the item to eBay as a "Prohibited and restricted items."
Today I came across a 1-gallon unit using the same method:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Colloidal-.....c100005.m1851
it gives the same instructions, and I quote:
"One Gallon-Sized Stainless Steel Bowl - Make Sure It's Big Enough To Put Your
Distilled Water In!
3 9-volt Batteries, or a 20-30 volt Power Supply - Connect The Positive End To
The Silver, and The Negative End To The Bowl."
There is nothing here to prevent the user from connecting the positive battery
terminal to the metal bowl and the negative terminal to the silver strip. When
this is done, and it will be. Colloidal and ionic compounds will be entered
into solution in the water, but they will be anything but silver. And they will
be harmful. I'm sure there will be people who will use an aluminum bowl as well.
Anyone with any experience in designing user interfaces will tell you that
people just don't pay attention to instructions, period. The readers of this
thread have educated themselves regarding colloidal silver to the extent that
they would not be endangered by this product offering.
One reply to the "depraved indifference" thread was:
"Perhaps the eBay seller is an agent of big pharma trying to muddy the waters.
There is a group of people who operate that way......."
I can imagine the following scenario. The seller claims he has sold over 1000
of these units on eBay. If this is so, I am sure that hundreds of people have
already injured themselves to some extent. Enter hungry lawyers. Class-action
lawsuits. The injunction to reveal the names and addresses of customers of
these units. Pet owners sue on behalf of their cats and dogs. The entrance of
FDA to save the health and well-being of the poor, bewildered and confused
consumers. A ban on all colloidal silver preparations and paraphernalia the
manufacturer ups such. While I might appear to be waxing lyrical on this
matter, I can tell you that Atlasnova has customers in the EU who have asked us
not to mention colloidal silver in the documentation for customs purposes.