https://www.goldismoney2.com/threads/the-art-of-making-colloidal-silver-silver-ions-electrically-isolated-silver.61973/
The purpose of the thread was, and remains, an effort to provide accurate,
honest, and non-commercial information to those interested in making the most
effective form of colloidal Silver.
The biggest problem with colloidal Silver is its name. If we call something
colloidal, it merely means that it is held in suspension. For example, milk is
colloidal butterfat. As it is homogenized, the fat particles will tend to stay
in suspension because the particles have been agitated to the point where they
are small enough to not combine and rise to the top.
Now, what does this have to do with making colloidal Silver? It's not hard to
understand why we want the smallest possible particles of Silver. Let's face
it. We don't want any more metal of any kind in our body other than that what
we need to stay well or help to heal a wound or infection. For a given total
weight of the metal, small particles will result in a much greater surface area
than large particles. For Silver to have any effect on the microbe, it has to
come into contact with that microbe. For the sake of simplicity, let's consider
our particles as spheres. If our particle is 100 nm in diameter, it will weigh
the same as about 10,000 1 nm particles. What would have a better chance of
getting to the bacteria we want to kill? 10,000 or one?
"Colloidal silver" is sold with ratings of parts per million "PPM." This is the
ratio of the weight of the water versus the weight of the Silver contained and
suspended in the water. This measurement is made by the method of atomic
absorption spectrophotometer. A sample is burned, and the light emitted
includes spectral lines for Silver, the amplitude of which gives an indication
of the parts per million, by weight. There is nothing in this method to
distinguish between ions, "charged" particles and uncharged.
It is straightforward for unscrupulous manufacturers of colloidal Silver to
make and advertise "colloidal silver" with strengths of 20, 30, 50, or 500 PPM.
All they have to do is generate large particles and coat them with a substance
lighter than water so that they will stay in suspension. These solutions will
have a color as the larger particles will block out portions of the ambient
light trying to shine through the water. The larger the particles, the more
color, beginning with light yellow. There is no real evidence to suggest that
these solutions will do you harm, leading to a condition called argyria. They
should be avoided because they will be relatively much less effective than a
solution of silver ions.
As you read through the thread, you will find numerous citations of serious,
peer-reviewed studies illustrating the superiority of silver ions in killing
bacteria to silver particles. The number of silver ions is measured in terms of
electrical conductivity. When this thread started, the only instruments with
the ability to measure this were quite expensive. The price of these has come
down to a fantastic degree. An instrument capable of measuring ionic PPM within
one or two ppm is now available on eBay for less than $10. If you're going to
make colloidal silver "ionic" one of these should be the first thing that you
purchase. The second thing is to make sure of is that you get genuine 9999 pure
silver wire with a certificate of analysis from a reputable source. Other than
that, all you need is a voltage source and a resistor to limit the current. A
multimeter with the 2 V scale and an additional 1K resistor will allow you to
measure your current in microamps. That is all you need to make perfect, clear
colloidal Silver. With a certain amount of experimentation, you will be able to
make your colloidal Silver of a quality equal to the offerings of commercial
manufacturers.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10