What is on the bottom is harmless and 'not' in the water, but unsightly.
Sometimes it gets really STUCK as plated on silver and silver oxides...
even scrubbing won't remove it.
Hydrogen Peroxide dissolves most of it..BUT... rinse any leftover peroxide
out with distilled water and let the container dry ABSOLUTELY dry as even a
TRACE of peroxide will make for major changes in the next batch..
Ode