treating a disease requires treating the cause of the disease. What are the causes of severe covid?

I would like anyone's ideas on what causes severe covid.

Covid is a two phase disease, the viral stage and the severe hyper immune reaction stage .  What are the causes of severe covid and does any vaccine treat these causes?

inflammaging

old age with concomitant reduction in immune function

pollutants of many kinds,   particularly air pollution

acidic mucous and inadequate mucous clearance

constant and prolonged breathing of the virus or viruses

co infection with a variety of molds, bacteria and viruses

invasive ventilation and paralytic drugs

dysbiosis in the gut mouth nose and lung

environmental stress/injury-induced damage-associated molecular patterns

 sustained activation of infiltrating monocytes and monocyte-derived macrophages driven by type I interferon, oxidative stress, anti-spike protein IgG immune complexes and NLRP3 inflammasome activation

please add to the list of causes

Note that adults who are prone to severe covid while children are not,  produce a more robust T cell response and higher neutralizing antibodies, suggesting the poor outcome in adults is not due to a failure to generate adaptive immune responses https://stm.sciencemag.org/content/12/564/eabd5487

Max