>  Help...
> Are there any research studies or substantiated scientific data
> conducted  by M.D's or by a credentialed medical research group in a
> University or private research institution which verify the
> "alleged" efficacy of collodial silver -  based on clinical trials?
>
> Dhyana

Good questions, Dhyana. The reality is that you won't find much in
the way of clinical trials, at least not within the conventional
medical and research establishment.

CS was driven from the market by antibiotics over fifty years ago. In
the meantime the whole FDA/regulatory structure we have today
evolved. Unless some company comes up with a way to make a big profit
off of a CS product it will *not* be possible to fund the
multi-million dollar protocols needed to achieve FDA approval. Thus
the double blind studies and clinical trials you are used to looking
for are going to be awhile in coming, if ever.

What you will find is a few brave physicians and small groups of
individuals who are investigating and documenting CS effectiveness in
a  clinical setting, and numerous "kill studies" and other "kill
germs in a petri dish" type experiments that you can have done by
many laboratories if you've got the budget for it.

At this point, such paid-for studies are the easiest to come by.
Carefully judged anecdotal testimony will generally be the best you
can do for clinical experience. Since most MD's and scientists want
to keep their jobs and licenses, they're not eager to put their name
behind something that is so far from the mainstream.

I asked for the same thing going in and found very little. There are
a few research papers buried in the mainstream literature that speak
to CS, but only obliquely, as the topics being studied usually
involve other forms and delivery mechanisms for silver and any
relevance to CS has to be inferred.

Be well,

Mike D.
[mdev...@mail.id.net                       ]
[Speaking only for myself...              ]