In a message dated 11/29/1999 11:50:12 AM Central Standard Time,
mdud...@execonn.com writes:

<< Too much tofu induces ‘brain aging,’ study shows >>
A Hawaii research team says
high consumption of the soy product
by a group of men lowered
mental abilities

Maybe its just a man thing.  hehehehe

So all those weight lifters and body builders are aging their brains huh from
taking all that Soy?  I thought some of them acted strange.  My son takes Soy
and is 23 and sure has acted a lot more mature in the last few years.  LOL :)

  <A HREF="http://www.families-first.com/hotflash/faq/soy2.htm";>Hotflash! -
FAQ - Soy & Isoflavones</A>

Our body then reacts as if there really is estrogen at the sites.  This can
help out tremendously with some of the symptoms brought on by perimenopause
and menopause.   Some research suggests that by doing this soy can decrease
hot flashes and vaginal dryness, in addition to providing other health
benefits.

Japanese women, whose diet is very high in soy, have much fewer perimenopause
and menopause symptoms. Current studies attribute this to their high
isoflavone diet.

Soy and the isoflavones that are in soy also have a number of other healthy
roles.   Soy can lower cholesterol, increase bone density (soy is generally
high in calcium) and possibly decrease the risk of developing breast cancer.
(though the evidence for this is not completely in yet).   Soy also may have
long standing benefits for men in preventing and recovering from prostate
cancer.

Take Care,
Janis