Hi James,
I don't know why my friends doctor thought the flush was necessary in
addition to the apple juice. And I'm not certain that dissolving the stones
was the point of the apple juice. It was just a guess -- which is why I
think it is important that Carmen do it under supervision of someone who
would know the best way not to end up with a stuck stone.
Take care,
Katarina