<< Roger,
 Very interesting experience with your dog's reaction to CS.  My experience
 in this regard is exactly the opposite.  I am a breeder of show Maltese and
 one problem we have with these white dogs is facial stain due to tearing,
 which is often the result of a low grade infection in the tear ducts.  I
 have been giving 2cc 2 x daily to my 5 lb show dog for several months and
 have seen no reaction at all, other than a nice  white face.  Just wanted to
 mention this so that other folks who are considering using CS for canine
 problems will not  eliminate its use  out of hand.  There is a man on
 another CS forum who cured parvo virus in his dog after the vet sent him
 home to die.  I have also heard of  rabies being cured with CS.  I would not
 hestitate to use it on dogs with things like gum infection and post surgical
 infection prevention, just about anything that we use for people.  Sure
 makes you wonder why your dog had such a negative reaction,  and if someone
 has any doubts about using it it would'nt hurt to give acidolpholous type
 bacteria along with the CS.  Would hate anyone to risk losing their dog if
 giving CS would  provide a  miracle cure, or even a cosmetic one, as in my
 case.
 For healthier dogs,
 Nancy

Nancy:

Very encouraging report on using CS with canines. I believe a "weight of the
evidence" approach would allow anyone contemplating using CS to clear up a
pet ailment to guesstimate the likelihood that THEIR pet might have a
reaction. Since my dog was still a puppy at the time (but weighed many times
what your dog weighs) may have contributed to his "delicate stomach".

Hopefully, other list subscribers would add their experiences so that a more
complete  picture will begin to appear.

Sure hope you're right.

Roger