I have found that soaking in hydrogen peroxide solution makes life a little
difficult on any of the fungi.  But they are very difficult to root out.
Fungi are very resistive to attack and are much different from dealing with
other infections.  But one needs to make their environment as difficult as
possible for them.  They need moisture to be active.  But they can hide out
in the spore stage.  And they can be very deep into the tissues.  But I would
keep my feet dry and wear open shoes to do so.  Then I like to take soaks in
the tub with some hydrogen peroxide in the water.  A couple of quarts of the
3% stuff at least.  Then on getting out, I use a spray bottle of the same to
wet the feet down and let them dry in the air.  But reinfection is very easy
as this stuff gets everywhere.
But remember that fungi live on dying matter.  Soaking the feet like this and
rubbing them well to remove the dead other skin will also help.

Gene Downey