From: Fred <f...@health2us.com>
To: silver-list@eskimo.com
Subject: CS>conductivity/ppm conversion
Date: Wed, 03 May 2000 12:43:17 -0400

Rolynd said:

"I have the following question to someone qualified:
I have a DiST 3 of hanna industries which measures conductivity but I want
to know what  ppm my CS has. So ,is there a possibility to convert the
readings of conductivity into TDS(ppm)? what formula or multiplication factor
has to be used? "

There is really no answer as it is a variable, as you can see from prior posts
here. Ivan says 0.59uS/PPM for the silver ion, Trem and a few others say 1
and sometimes 1.6uS/PPM and I hold to Hanna's origional suggestion of
1.6uS/PPM, not because of faith but because it is very conservative - what I
sell as 5PPM may actually be 10 or 20 PPM! When measuring water, it is
well established that there are 2uS/PPM usually calcium carbonate.

You will learn in time that wether you have 5 or 10 PPM is not
important,  since
an ion is well over 300 times more effective then silver salts or crystals.
Your
water and process controls are important!

The link to that "300 times" data is:
<A HREF="http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/epd/cpr/criteria/awqcfs.html";>Can. Gov.</A>

f...@health2us.com