OK, this is me.  What's up?  did you upgrade to version II of Windows 98?  My
son did and had a similar experience, but they finally identified it that
Windows 98 release II is incompatible with his model of Compaq, although I have
the upgrade on my Compaq, it is a different model.

Marshall

Marshall