In a message dated 5/11/00 7:52:52 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
mailer-dae...@aol.com writes:

<<
 Hi.  I am wondering if people can tell me about safe forms of hair coloring.

 I'm  only 30 but have some gray hair...actually they are white hairs...have
 never seen a "gray" one. My dad got gray hair early and I think his mom did
 so that is probably at least part of the cause. I am rifing and doing
 supplements etc. but still have gray hairs.  I have tried lots of shades of
 pure henna from the health food store and they do not bother me.  It is just
 a powdered form of an herb and you ad water.  I have multiple chemical
 sensitivities and I got another type of hair color from the health food
store
 that said natural on it and made from plants.  I bought this a long time ago
 and never used it because I was trying various shades of henna.  Anyway, I
 recently got it out to look at it and it does have lots of plant products in
 it but some of the ingredients do not sound natural to me and I opened 2
 bottles up and they smelled bad and made me nauseous.  The one bottle
smelled
 like finger nail polish or wine.  Anyway, the only problem with the henna is
 that al the shades make my hair darker.  They cover up my natural highlights
 and i think I look better with the blondish highlights which help bring out
 my green eyes.  With the henna...even light brown...by light brown hair with
 blondish highlights becomes what I call dark brown.  But, the company says
 they cannot make blond henna b/c its not possible and they have tried.  With
 henna it never lightens your hair.  It just coats it and helps cover the
 gray.  Some products at walgreens you can get which won't lighten your hair
 but will just cover it..so like you can get blond and the gray will become
 blond...like Castings for example which you use like once a month.  But, I
 opened that stuff up and smelled it and it stunk and made me nauseous.  So,
 just thought I would through this out their in case someone may know of
 something I don't know about.  One company at a second health food store
with
 a different brand of henna has a "blond" henna but the ingredients actually
 say neutral henna with chamomile and marigold herbs in the mix.  I did try
it
 just to see what would happen but it did not cover the gray at all.

 Thanks,

 Christy >>

--- Begin Message ---
The original message was received at Thu, 11 May 2000 22:51:21 -0400 (EDT)
from r...@localhost

*** ATTENTION ***

Your e-mail is being returned to you because there was a problem with its
delivery.  The address which was undeliverable is listed in the section
labeled: "----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----".

The reason your mail is being returned to you is listed in the section
labeled: "----- Transcript of Session Follows -----".

The line beginning with "<<<" describes the specific reason your e-mail could
not be delivered.  The next line contains a second error message which is a
general translation for other e-mail servers.

Please direct further questions regarding this message to the e-mail
administrator or Postmaster at that destination.

--AOL Postmaster

<rife-l...@eskimo.com>

... while talking to mx1.eskimo.com.:
>>> RCPT To:<rife-l...@eskimo.com>
<<< 550 <rife-l...@eskimo.com>... User unknown
550 <rife-l...@eskimo.com>... User unknown
Final-Recipient: RFC822; rife-l...@eskimo.com
Action: failed
[...]
opened that stuff up and smelled it and it stunk and made me nauseous.  So, I
just thought I would through this out their in case someone may know of
something I don't know about.  One company at a second health food store with
a different brand of henna has a "blond" henna but the ingredients actually
say neutral henna with chamomile and marigold herbs in the mix.  I did try it
just to see what would happen but it did not cover the gray at all.

Thanks,

Christy

--- End Message ---