Hi James,

Sorry to disagree. I had a few samples analyzed by the atomic absorption method and the readings correlate almost directly with PWT readings. If the samples were digested first in aqua regia, then the readings taken with the PWT were about 45% lower. That would correlate with readings done on a spectrophotometer.

I prefer to believe the independent lab results over the Hanna recommendation. In any case the PWT reads almost right on or 45% high. It's still quite repeatable. So just choose your belief system: atomic absorption or spectrophotometer.

I also subtract the uS reading of starting water before the calculation.

Trem
www.silvergen.com