##  To clear up the plateout issue.

Plateout is possible even if the electrodes don't touch the glass. When a generator is run without using any stirring mechanism, be it mechanical or thermal, small amounts of oxides and so on become deposited on the bottom. This fallout follows a conductive pathway that is continually becoming established between the electrodes. As the generator runs and deposits more and more, this conductive pathway along the glass bottom 'grabs' more of the current. As the concentration of silver increases..while following this path, it has less tendency to stay suspended in the water and more tendency to want to plate onto the other electrode, BUT, it is now seeing the other electrode as this conductive pathway. To prevent this from happening, simply interrupt the path now and then by gentle stirring [thermal or mechanical] or moving the electrodes around a few degrees every few minutes. Plate out hasn't been much of a problem at concentrations under 12 PPM and almost never happens when using warm water [it cools, producing thermal currents], warming the water while in process [thermal currents disrupt the ion path] or stirring the water in process.[ion path disrupted mechanically] The one thing to not do is to stir the CS after it is done and before decanting into another container...that is...after deposits have formed. I am coming to believe that stirring hydrates the silver ions, thus protecting them from the presence of oxygen, preventing significant formation of oxides in the first place.
 Have I understood this properly?  Testing bears out the result.
Could vigorously stirring the CS in a clean container before storing prevent clear CS from turning yellow after several hours or days?
 Ken