Hello Nina Silver,
    Hey very nice name for this list!
    Anyway... may I add that I too get many of the incoming Silver-Digest's
that can not be read because of a dark purple or black background. I did not
think it is done purposely, but somehow in the transmission it turns dark. It
was not happening for months and now the last few sendings are coming over
that way again. I did not know others were also receiving their editions this
way too.
    I can still read them though by highlighting the whole form and then
hitting "copy" (I do this while not being able to even see what is
highlighted), then I pull up a new email form, hit "paste" and it comes on
the new form with black type on a white background. After I read it I hit
delete.
    As for the caps, I think that is being done to aid someone with poor
vision.
    Hope that helps.
Love, Kathy