>From the archives, on Tue, 18 Apr 2000 06:51:16,  M. G. Devour wrote
(Re: the TDS-1 meter)

>  My experience has been that the circuit is stable over time and, if
you calibrate it at, say, 50 ppm or so, it will deliver reasonably
accurate and repeatable measurements
in the range in which we are interested.

Sounds like a winner.  And just how do I go about calibrating it at,
say, 50 ppm or so?   Or better yet, at say 10 ppm?

What do I use as a standard?  Can I use a 1/4 watt resistor to calibrate
it?  Do I set it to read 50 at 50 ppm or is there a 'k' factor?  What is
the k?  What value resistor ?

After it is calibrated, is it in a 1:1k relationship from zero up to
50ppm?

Does temperature affect the calibration?  My ‘Laboratory” is located in
an unheated (and uncooled) building that varies from 35 degrees in the
winter to about 100 degrees for the next few months?

For the record, I am now using a Collgen-2 unit with a fish tank bubbler
and it allegedly cuts off at 5ppm.  Convenient, but I won't have a warm
feeling until I can measure the output.  (and probably modify the
circuit).

Erwin