At 05:45 AM 6/26/00 -0500, you wrote:

rogalt...@aol.com wrote:

> Diane: I read on another list awhile back that a lot of bare wire strung out
> in an open field can be statically charged by the wind then periodically
> discharged like a capacitor to produce electrical power. I was wondering if
> anyone has first hand experience with such a setup? Roger

I think the wind is a problem for ham radio antennas too. They have to
be well grounded.

WRONG!!!!!!! Antennas have to be well INSULATED. Otherwise the radio waves would be grounded and nothing would work. The grounding is done in either the transmitter if one is transmitting or in the receiver if one is receiving.

What you said here is probably what I was trying to
remember. I think the earth itself can build up a charge too.

And just what would that charge be in relationship to ground if ground is already grounded. Bob Lee is right. Why don't we not conjecture about something if we don't know.

This is a
sort of Tesla type principle.

And what is the Tesla principle, Diane? Actually is has to do with AC. Not static electricity. You're batting zero today.

Trem

Diane