I have watched the extensive and detailed discussion
of the production of Colloidal Silver for the whole
time I've been on the list. This discussion has been
interesting and provocative, with positions being
advocated, tempers being stimulated, and opinions
being declared.

Several points seem to have coalesced into the center,
which seem never to be resolved, partially because
neither the science appears to be there for resolving
them, nor the facilities (money, labs, adequate
equipment).

We all do seem to agree that if the silver particles
are big enough to sink to the bottom of the container,
or are big enough to actually be visible, they are too
big. Others are of the opinion that if the particles
cause the water to change color, that also is too big
(although there is the "yellow is OK, but brown or
purple is not" party vs. the "clear is fine, any color
is not" party). The general consensus seems to be
that, if the particles are too big, the body will not
be able to utilize them. The concept seems to be that
the cell walls in the body will absorb the silver
particles if they are small enough. I've read
statements declaring the optimal size for silver
particles in order for them to be best assimilated.
I've seen nothing to corroborate this stance.

In the last while, "colloidal" has been increasingly
replaced with or connected to words such as "ionic",
"non-ionic"  "atomic", "uncharged", "metallic",
"loosely-bonded", "biologically active",
"bioavailable", etc. For awhile it was held that the
"sludge" which accumulated on the cathode was not
something to be ingested internally, though few
resisted applying it topically. To prevent this
sludge, it was felt that polarity reversal and
frequent or constant stirring was needed. Now I'm
seeing the opinion that polarity reversal merely
dissolves the "sludge" back into the water, and some
feel that this re-dissolved "sludge" is somehow not
"ionic", or is "uncharged", or not "bioavailable", or
will soon aggregate and sink to the bottom.

When I first began to research CS, the big controversy
was whether to use salt or not. Also argued was the
use of DW vs. reverse osmosis vs. deionised water.
Nearly everyone frowned on tap or even spring water.

Yet we nearly all hold to the fact that no one has
demonstrated any toxicity with basic CS, whatever the
voltage or current, whatever the shape of the silver
(wire, bar, coin, etc.) or even how long the brewing
time is. A friend of mine bought some wire from me. He
went home and put the wires in 8 oz. of DW and left it
there for 24 hours! The anode wire was almost totally
dissolved, and the water was a dark, murky brown, with
a thick, silvery film on top of the water, and heavy
plating in the sides and bottom of the jar. He then
drank all 8 oz., all at once! This fellow has
struggled with chronic-fatigue syndrome for years.
Within 20 minutes of drinking that batch, he had a
rush of energy like he had not felt in years! He
drinks 8-10 oz. per day (been nearly a year), though
he brews it for a much shorter time now (silver wires
aren't free!).

My own perspective is that the silver-list is valuable
because it brings together a wide range and
combination of experience and perspectives. In my own
opinion, the single most important factor in effective
scientific inquiry is the capacity to remain objective
during research. When we find ourselves being offended
by the disagreement of others, it is no longer
objective scientific inquiry. I have watched members
of this list using insensitive and even insulting
communication to others who see differently, and I
have seen contempt, superiority and disrespect from
the more "educated" members of the list towards those
who are merely curious, or those who express
themselves in a less than articulate way. It reminds
me very much of the attitude and expression we have
become so used to receiving from the medical
establishment. We have expressed our own
disappointment and anger at such close-minded,
arrogant snobbishness, yet I fear it is similarly
active on this list.

Though I produce and sell a large amount of CS, it
pleases me to see CS being made and used with such a
wide range of applications. It is to our long-range
benefit that it can be produced so easily and with
such variety. We should be encouraging each other, not
competing with each other.

Respectfully submitted,
Terry Wayne

http://mail.yahoo.com/