At 10:28 AM 6/29/2000, you wrote:
Hi list,

I did some experiments with DC polarity switching which are interesting. I use a constant current supply of 1.67 ma into #12 silver electrodes 3.9" of weatted length spaced 1.25 inches apart. "Brewing" time is two hours starting with 1.6 uS DW, no additives. I can start drawing 1.67 ma immediately as the generator can keep a constant current up to several hundred volts. Typical starting voltage is about 140, which drops over the two hours to around 12 volts or so as the conductivity increases.

The control batch (no polarity switching) ended up measuring 16.2 uS.
Switching polarity every 17 seconds produced 7.8 uS.
Likewise, switching polarity every minute produced 7.8 uS.

The polarity switching does indeed keep electrode sludge buildup low, but at a cost of reducing the strength by about 48% for a given run time.

Question - why the dramatic reduction in strength from polarity switching, when all other conditions are the same?

It is interesting to monitor the voltage drop across the electrodes during polarity switching. At the moment of switching, the voltage drops for a second, then rises above the nominal state value for 8 - 10 seconds, then returns to nominal. Must be some interesting dynamic electrochemical "readjusting" going on when the polarity shifts.

I did another batch with no polarity switching, but constant gentle stirring. It produced a 18.5 uS product (slightly "stronger"), but still had a bunch of sludge buildup. But I have to agree with Trem, I think stirring has some benefits, but they are not very overwhelming. I will see how the long term stability compares with the control batch.

--Steve

Sounds like the low mobility of the ions kept them from straying too far from the main electrode and they were mostly sucked back and reduced then ionized again! Think about the energy use, as if charging a capacitor with limited current; inject a charge - reverse and take it back. This give and take, would reduce the total work done and thus the net free ions, the product of your
work performed!

The voltage dip at reversal is the "reversal of energy flow, into your source" which would
force your source to partially shut down.

Sludge production up can not and should not be overly constrained. Just as you partially reduced the strength, you also retained some of the reduced ions (atoms) in your sol and thus a reduced quality. Light, non-disruptive circulation, as we use, prevents a heavy ion cloud buildup and thus the possibility of crystal growth, yet allows the sludge to build undisturbed on the negative electrode, so it can be dispose of! Because of this, we get away with 3/8 inch spacing on large area electrodes (2.25 sq.in.) and have very consistent batch to batch repeatability, void of
elemental silver!

Fred
FREE alternative treatments that WORK!
http://www.health2us.com