Hi there,

I am wondering about oxygen therapies for aerobic and anaerobic bacteria as
well as those somewhere in between.  If what I have read is accurate (and it
may or may not be) the lyme bacteria borrelia bugrdoferi is microaerophilic
which I think means it likes small amounts of oxygen (but I think not large
amounts).  When I called labs etc. what I was told is that they think the
Babesia which is a parasite and lives in the Red Blood Cells is aerobic.  The
red blood cells is also where the borrelia burgdoferi lives and the red blood
cells is where the oxygen is.  Now, I think it is assumed that aerobic
bacteria and also partial anaerobes should be killed or at least knocked down
by oxygen therapies but I am wanting to know what about the bacteria like
lyme that are supposedly microaerophilic and live in the red blood cells and
also aerobic organisms.  I wonder can oxygen therapies actually make any
aerobic organism worse in int he worst case scenario would they just not do
anything either way?

Thanks a lot,

Christy

In a message dated 7/10/00 10:09:49 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
rogalt...@aol.com writes:

<<

  mama2b...@aol.com wrote:

  > Seratia
  >     I understand CS destroys the protein sheath surrounding anaerobic
  > (harmful) bacteria and kills them but does not harm aerobic (friendly)
  > bacteria.
  >     Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

  Our tests have shown that CS kills both anaerobic as well as aerobic
  bacteria.  Actually this is good.  Many bacteria can switch from anaerobic
  to aerobic and back again instantly.  Also many aerobic bacteria can become
  pathogenic when misplaced.  For instance the bacteria essential in the gut
  can cause lots of problems if they colonize the vagina.  Although anaerobic
  = bad and aerobic = good has some basis in fact, it is not hard and fast. >>